Gothic girl in a traditional village

Hello! What happens when a Gothic girl decides to spend her holiday in a traditional village? It wasn't my favorite experience!

IMAGINE:

You are a Goth and it is Summer, like everyone else you decide to go on holiday and you choose to visit your family in their village. You dress up the way you always do, in black, you do your hair in a simple yet dark way and you add some black lipstick in order to complete your look, which comes from your ideology that has nothing to do with your religion, your sexual life and doesn't affect the way you treat others. You are excited to see them as it has been 4 years since you last did. When you knock on their door, your aunt runs and opens and gets very happy to see you, doesn't even notice how your style changed and focuses on asking how your life is and how you adapted in your new job. Everything is great until your cousin shows up. You are so glad to see her and you wanna do stuff together, as you have missed her tones. Unfortunately, you can't! She doesn't want her friends to see her cousin is a ''satanic freak'' and she doesn't want anyone to know you are related because ''ew''. 

How I handled it:

I tried to explain to her that my looks don't necessarily reflect all of my views and that I could talk to her about them. Thankfully she listened to me and her friends were actually cool people that weren't stereotypical or narrow-minded at all.

Point of this story:

I shared this story with you as an example. Many people, for various reasons decide to hide their loved ones or even themselves because of the fear that reflects their need to be accepted. I am sure if you support your beliefs, remain true to your standards and yourself in the end you will get exactly what you are looking for! 
THERE'S NOTHING TO FEAR, BUT FEAR ITSELF!
(a random photo of myself bc why not?)

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

Introduction

How I ended up being a Goth!

The irony